Collection of personal data
The types of personal data we may collect from you include:
- your name;
- mailing address(es);
- telephone number(s);
- email address(es);
- date of birth;
- marketing preferences;
- answers you provide to security questions (e.g. mother’s maiden name, pet’s name);
- payment information and transaction details;
- aggregated site statistics data;
- any other information you choose to provide to us, or that we may collect about you through your interactions with our website.
To fulfill our service, you should provide and submit to us information which is accurate, up-to-date and not misleading. If you provide personal information of any third party to us, we assume that you have obtained the required consent from the relevant third party to share and transfer his/her personal information to us.
Usage and disclosure of personal data
Your personal data will be collected when you:
- visit our website with a cookies-enabled browser [or (if applicable) register a user account with our website];
- request services from us such as subscribing to our newsletter or mailing lists for post or phone updates;
- fill in any forms on our website;
- submit feedback and comments
- make purchases of goods or services through our website.
Your personal data will be used, shared with third parties (including related companies, third party service providers, and third party sellers) for some or all of the following purposes:
- To facilitate your access to our website [or (if applicable) the creation of your user account with our website];
- To evaluate your website preferences and for the maintenance of the website;
- To send you updates via email, post or telephone where appropriate;
- To answer your queries, respond to your comments and feedback, or provide you with assistance in any other way;
- To facilitate your use and access to our offered goods and services;
- To process your orders you submitted;
- To identify the causes of problems arising at web servers and to resolve these problems;
- To improve the contents of the website;
- To customize the content of the website and our emails to suit your individual interests or purposes and selectively display best-matched pages to you;
- To utilize your browsing history on the website for demographic research; and
We do not engage into the business of selling customers’ personal information to third parties. However in order to provide our services to you, we may share your data with third party providers in providing administrative, marketing, delivery and payment services. In disclosing or transferring your personal information to third parties, we take steps to ensure the receiving parties has in place a standard of protection accorded to personal information that is comparable to the protection under or up to the standard of the PDPA.
We may also disclose or transfer personal data as otherwise permitted or required by law, including for compliance with regulations on anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
Collection of computer data
List of Cookies Shopify used are being listed below. Cookies are small text files (typically made up of letters and numbers) placed in the memory of your browser or device when you visit a website or view a message. They allow us to recognize a particular device or browser and help us to personalize the content to match your preferred interests more quickly, and to make our Services and Platform more convenient and useful to you. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
PREF, persistent for a very short period, Set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where
Third party links
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for and can no longer exercise control over the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
Withdrawal of consent
If you change your mind after you opt-in, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us using information listed on our contact page.
Your personal data will be retained for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it is collected or for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws. Your personal data may also continue to be retained on our databases to the extent permitted by law.
Updating your personal data
You can update your personal data by signing into your user account, or if you do not have an account, please contact us using information listed on our contact page. We will only disclose personal data to the individual who registered his/her personal data with our website, and only after confirming the identity of the registered party.
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Questions and contact information
If you have any other questions and wish to talk to us, please contact us at email@example.com